We finally got there! The release-candidate for our Syncplify.me Server! v3.0 is ready for everyone to download, install, try, and use.
All features and components are in place, including the brand new Instance Controller to deploy multiple instances on a single computer/VM, the possibility to deploy Syncplify.me Server! in a high-availability configuration, and a new Configuration Manager that reflects the many changes and adds settings for speed limits and real-time monitoring.
We’re still renaming the various license types, but we’ll get there in a matter of days. In the meantime you can download the installer and try it on your own system (64-bit only for now, sorry).
Even though this version is stable and has passed all security and reliability tests in our labs, it is still recommended to avoid running it in a production environment until the final v3.0 release is made publicly available (which will happen in a matter of days).
Here’s an updated “roadmap” for the upcoming Syncplify.me Server! v3.0.
- Fully functional FTP(E/S) and SSH/SFTP server
- Fully functional Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Simple tool to create new default instance configuration or import an old v2.0 configuration
- Totally autonomous Log Server as a self-contained component (dramatically increase performance)
- Fix several bugs found in BETA-1
- Addition of GUI Configuration Manager
- Fix bugs found in BETA-2
- Fully functional Instance Controller to create/manage multiple instances on the same computer/VM and/or configure High Availability (HA) deployments
Pricing and licensing will also be updated:
- The “free for exclusively personal use” license will still exist
- All licenses will now include all functions, including scriptable event handling, and Active Directory integration (previously included only in our “Plus” editions)
- There will be 3 types of paid licenses:
- 1 instance on 1 computer
- multi-instance (multi-domain) on 1 computer
- HA license (based on the number of “nodes” in your highly-available deployment)
- All 3 licenses here above will be available both as standard license (perpetual license with optional yearly maintenance/support contract) or SaaS license (software-as-a-service billed monthly, basically an all-inclusive pay-as-you-go that comes with cloud virtual server, storage space, bandwidth, and – of course – Syncplify.me Server)
- As the base price will be higher than v2.0, and considering that v2.0 comes with an included 1-year update/upgrade protection coverage, we recommend to buy Syncplify.me Server! v2.0 today, and get your free v3.0 upgrade as soon as it’s released. This option will no longer available after the release of v3.0.
Thank you for your patience, we are getting closer and closer every day!
This second public beta features only one significant difference versus the first beta we released slightly more than a week ago: it includes the GUI (Graphical User Interface) Configuration Manager.
Well, enough words, here’s the link to download Syncplify.me Server! v3.0-BETA2.
As usual, your help won’t go unrewarded: report a new minor bug and get 10% off, report a new major bug and you get a free full license when the final v3.0 is released.
And here’s the long awaited first public beta of Syncplify.me Server! v3.0!!
Few things about this beta version:
- It comes without a GUI Configuration Manager (only Command Line Interface), a graphical configuration utility will be included in the second beta that will be sent to all testers who have downloaded this one. All server-side features, though, from speed limits to the new scripting functions, from statistics to the new blacklist, are included and ready to be stress-tested.
- It supports 64-bit Windows, all versions XP through Server 2012-R2; 32 bit support will be available as of the second beta.
- There is no automatic installer at the moment: this first beta comes as a ZIP archive. The archive contains very easy and detailed installation instructions in PDF format.
- Your help will be rewarded: 10% discount for every new (not yet reported by others) non-critical bug you report, or even a full free license if you are the first to identify and report a critical bug (a bug that affects the stability of the server).
Enough words. Here’s the link to download Syncplify.me Server! v3.0-BETA1.
If you have downloaded and installed Syncplify.me Server! v126.96.36.199 in the past 6 days, and are experiencing problems with the X.509 certificate on your FTPS (or FTPES) connections, please download v188.8.131.52-hotfix-1 from our web site, and update your instance.
This is a pure hot-fix release, nothing else has been changed, no improvements were made, and no features were altered. Therefore, if you are not experiencing any trouble, you won’t need this update. Thank you.
We received many requests from our users for a portable version of Syncplify.me Notepad! A single self-contained EXE that one can simply put on a USB stick and carry around without the need to install it on the target computer.
We did it!
Feel free to download Syncplify.me Notepad! Portable from our web site, as usual. Thank you.
Thanks to the valuable feedback of one of our customers, we were able to identify and fix a bug in the FileDelete function of Syncplify.me FTP Script!
The new version (184.108.40.206) has been released today and it can be downloaded from our web site, as usual.
After the recent addition of the public IP to be used for PASV connections, we have now improved such feature by adding the possibility to specify a “local LAN” address space to which the above mentioned configuration will not be applied. Basically this makes your NATted server able to accept PASV connections both from inside and outside your Local Area Network (LAN).
You can download the latest version from our web site, as usual.
While our customers are eagerly waiting for the upcoming new version 3 of Syncplify.me Server!, we do not underestimate the importance of supporting the existing version 2. Therefore we have released Syncplify.me Server! v220.127.116.11 today.
Here’s a short list of what’s fixed or new in the new version:
- Fixed: compatibility issue with FileZilla Client
- New: configuration of external IP for PASV connections (when behind NAT)
As usual you can download the updated version here.
New release of our award-winning Notepad! today. Here’s what’s new in the latest version:
- Improved ability to open “in-use” files (e.g. live web server log files and the like)
- Fixed a bug that prevented Notepad! to memorize manual overrides to syntax coloring scheme by file type
As usual you can download the new version from our web site, or take advantage of this direct download link.