Another improvement coming with version 4.0 of Syncplify.me Server! is the possibility to customize greetings and banners with variable fields that are automatically processed by the software when a client connects. Here’s a basic example of what you can write:
Every once in a while we receive a support request from some customer asking us how to “fix” the timestamp in the log files, because it’s few hours ahead/behind.
The thing is that such timestamp is not ahead nor behind: it’s always in UTC (Coordinated Universal Time), and that is not our arbitrary choice; in fact, the W3C Extended Log File Format official working document clearly states that the timestamp must refer to the GMT time zone without daylight savings bias, which is – indeed – called UTC for brevity.
For such reason, all existing log analysis software products are designed to take that into account and adapt the generated reports to the current time zone of the machine that runs the analysis.
We have just released Syncplify.me Server! v188.8.131.52, a maintenance release that comes with the following improvements and new features:
- User profile automatic expiration date can now be set via CLI (command-line interface)
- A tiny memory leak in the logging subsystem has been fixed
- Send buffer performance improved in critically slow network conditions
In order to set the expiration date using the CLI, you have to pass the date to the -autoexp parameter in RFC959 format (YYYYMMDDHHmmSS, no spaces). Here’s an example that will set the expiation date for a user at noon on Christmas day 2015:
smscli -a admin -p password -c edituser -username testuser -autoexp 20151225120000
Passing any parameter in a format other than the RFC959 date format specified here above, will disable the automatic expiration of the user profile. The following commands all disable the automatic expiration:
smscli -a admin -p password -c edituser -username testuser -autoexp disable
smscli -a admin -p password -c edituser -username testuser -autoexp johndoe
smscli -a admin -p password -c edituser -username testuser -autoexp 0
As usual you can download the latest version from our web site. Thank you!
We have just released Syncplify.me Server! v184.108.40.206. This new version fixes/adds the following:
- Fixed a bug that prevented the correct encoding of dates and times in FTP file listings on operating system locales other than English
- Fixed few glitches in the Configuration Manager
- Added color-coding to both command-line components
- Added custom SendToClient function to the scripting subsystem (only for FTP/S protocols)
As usual you can download the new version from our web site.